Mon, 26 Oct|
DEVA/hack Online - October 2020
The 1-week live and interactive DEVA/hack online course, available to all college and sixth form students, has been created on the back of the successful 3-day DEVA/hack programme, to keep students skilled, stimulated and socially responsible during these unprecedented times!
Time & Location
26 Oct 2020, 10:00 – 30 Oct 2020, 14:30
About the Event
By engaging with students to create video content, we are encouraging them to develop their digital skills, stay motivated and do something positive! This also presents an opportunity for them to connect with other like-minded students and receive valuable careers support from inspirational mentors, employers and university staff.
DEVA/hack is delivered via live and interactive webinars and each session is a maximum of 90 minutes including Q and A. We will also provide a platform for students to share their video content with each other and within chosen audiences. Every participating student will have produced by the end of the week professional piece of video content all from their smartphones.
Video content will be produced based on the following themes:
· Informative videos that communicate an idea or technology that is a force for good and will benefit people.
· Fun videos to bring cheer and humor.
· Social videos to promote positive messages or a positive change they wish to see in society.
· Ideas and innovation videos capturing a positive story or event that has taken place in lock down.
· Sharing their visions of how they wish their future to be and what they think the world should look like for their future children.
The live webinars will take place on the following dates and times:
- Monday 26th October (10am to 11:30am and 1pm to 2:30pm)
- Wednesday 28th October (10am to 11:30am and 1pm to 2:30pm)
- Friday 30th October (10am to 11:30am and 1pm to 2:30pm)